To celebrate the announcement of The Golden Print Awards 2021, miniatureprinting.com is proud to present our Open Miniature Painting Contest, Season One.
After a huge ammount of entries and much deliberation from the judges we are pleased to announce the winners of our first miniature painting contest. Look out for a further update this week with more featured entries.
1st Place – Aaron Clark
2nd Place – Andrew Jones
3rd Place – Sam Bowler
Once again a huge thank you to the contest sponsors and their support in providing fantastic prizes. Well done to the winners!
We would like to give a huge thanks to all our event sponsors who by providing these amazing prizes have made this event possible.
From Mach5ive, a bumper bundle of an Elegoo Mars 2 Mono Printer, Mach5ive Printer Cover and their brand new all improved Screen Protector bundle. Most resin 3D printers do not have screen protection to protect you from a FEP leak, resin spills or damage from a dropped build plate. The Mach5ive Screen Saver will help to protect your printer screen and internals from resin spills. Pre-Orders available now.
From Ameralabs, a fantastic selection of their popular resins formulated specifically for printing miniatures. We recently reviewed both the AMD-3 LED Resin as well as the newly formulated TGM-7 TableTop Gaming Resin. The resin produces exceptional level of detail on even the smallest prints with additional strength and flexibility properties that make this resin ideal for a tabletop gaming session.
From Scale75USA, a great selection of paint sets including the Metal n Alchemy Copper set, the Scale Color Flesh Set, the Fantasy & Games Steam and Puck set and the Scale Artist Basic Colors set. As well as these great prizes everyone can grab a 15% discount at the Scale75USA.com store by applying our exclusive MPPC15 contest discount code which is valid from May 29th to Jun 12th.
From Wham Bam Systems, the original and the best Slap Mat. Made of pure 100% first-grade silicone which will not be harmed by printer resins. Stop working with resin on cardboard and paper towels. Use to protect your work surface. Slap Mat is also great as a general craft mat, protecting your work surface from gluing, body putty, or painting.
- Submissions will open on this page on Saturday 29th May at 12pm GMT and will close at 12pm GMT on Monday 12th July
- Only entries submitted through the contest form below will be accepted.
- Your entry can be of any miniature, size, scale or genre, including busts.
- Only one submission per entrant
- Your miniature should be freshly painted for this contest, previous painted miniatures will not be accepted
- To validate your unpainted miniature submit with your entry a validation photo of the unpainted miniature on a piece of paper with “miniatureprinting.com” clearly hand written as shown in the example. Previously primed models will be accepted. Entries without this validation picture will not be accepted.
- You can submit up to three images of your entry with a file size limit of 2mb per upload.
- Entries will be posted on the Contest page at miniatureprinting.com
- Our contest judges @jwminiatures and @ryans_minis will assess each entry against:
Basing and Presentation
- James, @jwminiatures, a model painter and content creator returned to the hobby in 2018 and can be found streaming on Twitch three times a week.
- Ryan, @ryansminiatures the self proclaimed king of blue and a Golden Demon finalist.